School Library & Rules
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
School libraries are designed to function and operate as an integral part of the educational program at all levels. They maintain their specific identity in fulfilling the academic requirements of the students. Hence, some norms have been formulated for the smooth functioning of the library.
School Library is one of the rooms that can be access by the all member (Staff, Teacher, student etc..) of the school. The main purpose of the school library is to create learning environment in the school. It is most common and important facility nowadays. School Library is not only a book access room, but it provides psychology support to teachers and students. It is a place where all students feel welcome and encouraged to grow and learn.
Need of Library in school :
- It play very important role to create Learning Environment in a School.
- It is houses of Book.
- It support academic of any school.
- It develops reading skill of the student.
- It helps to find more information about any topic more than the text book.
- It develop student self learning skill.
Records to be maintain in Library
Library card method is one the best method of keeping transaction records of a book. Each book in a library is school property so that there should be proper record keeping requires and every book should be sealed and verified by In-charge.
The Following types of registers should be maintained by library In-charge:
1. Book stock Register
2. Staff and Student record
3. Book Issue and return register
4. General Stock Register
General Rules for Library in any school
1. All students and staff of the school are members of the library.
2. A student can borrow only two books at a time for a period of two weeks.
3. A staff member can borrow maximum five books at a time for a period of one month.
4. Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
5. Marking, underlining or writing on library books, periodicals, and newspapers is strictly forbidden.
6. Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any member. These can be consulted only in the library.
7. If the books are not returned within the specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
8. The Librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
9. In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the current market price of the book.
10. After reading, make sure that the books, periodicals and newspapers are kept back at their respective places.
11. The members should take good care of library furnishings and equipment. Make sure the library looks as good when you leave as it did when you came in.
12. Drink and food are not allowed in the Library.
13. A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the Librarian while his/her transfer/withdrawal from the school.
14. Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library and speak softly if needed.
Type of books that is useful for all :
Periodicals, International News /Information (Time, National Geographic) Books, National News/Information Books, Multimedia Books, Scouts & Guides, Sports & Games, Career, Regional Books Science & Environment, Educational (Competition Success Review, Junior Science Refresher, Competition Refresher, Pratiyogita Darpan (Hindi), Civil Service Chronicle, K.Today, K.Refresher, Biology Today, Chemistry Today, Physics For You, Mathematics Today, Education Today For Ix, Xii, Labour India For Class IX, X, XI, XII), Ncert Publications(Journal Of Indian Education, Primary Teacher, Primary Shikshak (Hindi), School Science), Computer Science/It Books, Scrap Books, Olympiad Question Papers, Newspaper, Olympiad Related Books. Etc…
SEPRATE STUDY ROOMS FOR THE BOYS AND GIRLS
1. Maintain ABSOLUTE SILENCE. No group studies.
2. Reference books cannot be taken out of the library.
3. To issue a book you must have an IDENTITY CARD.
4. Only ONE book is allowed for a week. You can re-issue the same book for another week if no one has made a request for the same book for another week. However, you should return the book immediately, if the librarian asks for it.
5. If the book is not returned on the due date, a fine of 5/- PER BOOK PER DAY WILL BE CHARGED.
6. Books lost must be REPLACED, books damaged will be CHARGED.
7. You are allowed to issue books for YOURSELF ONLY. Students are not permitted to lend books issued to them, to any other student or an outsider.
8. Check the book before issuing and ensure that it is in GOOD CONDITION.
9. Keep your bags and water bottles outside the library.
10. Handle the books carefully and keep them back in their SPECIFIED LOCATION.
11. Students are not permitted to enter the library with their PERSONAL TEXTBOOKS.
12. Duplicate Library cards will be issued on payment of 10/-.
FOLLOW THE RULES
MAINTAIN DISCIPLINE IN THE LIBRARY
ALL THESE WILL HELP YOU TO USE THE LIBRARY AT ITS BEST
IMA KUMARI, M.LIB
WORK EXPERIENCE- 5 YEARS